As a marketer, simply investing in mobile optimization for your website won’t be enough, if you wish to stay on top of the trend. Mobile device users spend hours a day on their phone, they most certainly won’t navigate your content if your interface is slow-loading, clunky and not finger-friendly.
Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) is out and has been speculated to have two benefits for SEO.
- It will have a fast label designation on search engine result pages.
- It will be a ranking factor.
Let us now get through
amp-list: download data and create a list
amp-live-list: update content in real time
amp-app-banner: fixed banner what exactly AMP is and how you can use it to benefit your site’s mobile visitors.
What do you mean by AMP?
They are basically an open-source coding standard for publishers. The aim for AMP is for publishers to be able to load their sites quickly with the help of their mobile since mobile responsive could be clunky and slow as the desktop resources are heavier and plenty.
AMP was just for User Experience. Now, Google has backed it up and is further encouraging websites to follow suit. They have essentially stripped down HTML copies of existing webpage content that offer faster load times than standard HTML5 documents. Websites can serve AMP pages by implementing the rel=amphtml tag into their HTML. These pages with AMP code contain a three-step AMP configuration, which are:
Used to fetch resources and stripped down to eliminate unnecessary rendering
A stripped down and unique markup of traditional HTML code with unique tags
An optimized network designed to cache pages and adapt the same to AMP code.
Accelerated Mobile Pages also reduces the need for additional CSS requests and terminates certain on-page, including bulky pictures, CTAs in many other cases and much more backend code. Primarily, AMP speeds up webpage load times more than a second of total load speed by enabling AMP caching. AMP documents can also be pulled from the AMP library directly off from its original server. The AMP library consists of a document with AMP HTML and AMP JS.
Few of the things that helped to make AMP faster are :
– Critical rendering path flows better
– Experience had fewer requests, especially images
– Extensions and embeds do not block rendering page layout
– CSS is limited to 50 kilobytes, AMP allows 50,000 characters of inline CSS
– Fonts require zero HTTP requests
– Intelligent resources prioritization optimizes downloads.
Why is AMP important?
Ever tried to load your site on mobile? Does the speed satisfy you? Loading of the site in desktop takes long even when the speed of your internet connection is fast. But what about your mobile?
Browsing on mobile while you are on the go will mean that your internet speed is not always fast. It is best to optimize the experience of mobile browsing for all users by standardizing a mobile version of your site with AMP.
AMP proves to be important because it simply helps web pages load faster. This potentially improves usability and convinces visitors to stay longer on your site engaging with your content. The logic for this is quite simple. Faster load time leads to a better and greater engagement, which further reduces bounce rate and improves mobile ranking.
However, Accelerated Mobile Pages does not improve engagement on its own. It does not make your content more useful or entertaining. If the load time is perfect, but the content is bad, your SERPs won’t increase due to a higher bounce rate. It has the potential to make your visitors happy, which means a lot more to Google. Pleasing Google helps with higher rankings, gives you more traffic and increases your revenue.
Web design company would have the need to use these pages for the benefit and greater rates of their websites, dragging in more traffic to their websites.
How to customize AMP?
The use of Google Search Console or your HTML can optimize AMP code to make them more customizable and trackable. Webmasters can further update their AMP cache by using the “Update-cache” request.
Few of those examples of how the customization needs to be done for your AMP HTML document are :
– amp-pixel: tracking pixel
– amp-animation: add animations
– amp-access: paywall access
– amp-dynamic-CSS-classes: dynamic CSS elements
– gtag.js tag implementation allows for events tracking across Google Ads and searches console
– amp-iframe: display an iframe
– amp- access-later pay: integrates with LaterPay
– amp-list: download data and create a list
– amp-live-list: update content in real time
– amp-app-banner: fixed banner
What are the SEO benefits of AMP?
While AMP pages enrich the mobile user experience, it can also be a huge benefit to your marketing and your SEO. How can that be done, given below are the reasons why:
- The main reason why AMP content will get an SEO boost is that the pages show up on the Google news carousel. Being featured as AMP pages means giving more attention. You can also be sure that as more and more companies sign up to publish their content, that amount of importance will be for you to be on the AMP network.
- Longer the loading time, greater and major is the factor in your SERP ranking. Your average mobile user won’t wait for more than six seconds for a page to load. The faster your page, the higher is your ranking and greater is the content seen. AMP pages will give articles a boost in results.
- Not only will speed have your readers staying on your page for longer, but it will also help reduce your bounce rate. While it may not be the most important SEO ranking factor a low bounce rate helps validate to search engines that your pages offer and what your audience finds helpful.
SEO services in India can benefit from these pages with some really powerful benefits, improved site speed, better user experience, and more revenue.